Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Difference Do It Make?



Love. Why do we choose to complicate love’s beautiful simplicity? Christ did not intend for love to be a confusing concept for us. Yet somehow we’ve taken it and turned it into something unnatural, selfish, and misunderstood.

“What Difference Do It Make?” is the sequel to the book “Same Kind of Different As Me,” which you’ve seen here before. When Thomas Nelson Publishers sent me this book in exchange for a blog review, I thought it would be a cake walk. God did not intend it to be so.

With the first review I wrote, I said I was inspired. Oh, how much more there is to say! “What Difference” continues the story of two men, Ron Hall and Denver Moore, who should never have been friends. One is a billionaire; the other, homeless. They were brought together by one woman who chose to love. Because love truly is a choice. Ron and Denver realized the truth in that statement, and began to change people’s lives by choosing to love them.

As a result, people around the country read the first book and decided that they, too, must love God’s people! "What Difference" tells many of their tales - the journies of ordinary people just loving, and making a difference in the lives of those in need of physical help as well as the knowledge of God’s amazing grace.

Like it’s predecessor, “What Difference Do It Make” continued to speak to me of how little I simply love those around me. It brought me to my knees, asking God to use me, to teach me to see His people, to be love to each person I meet. I am still seeking God's will for how he can use me. In the meantime, the answer has been gentle and simple. Just love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this wonderful review, Kelly! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book :)