Monday, August 15, 2011

THIS is True Love

A busy weekend led to a house in shambles as the day began. I rose early, and went for a run, choosing to listen to my music instead of talking with my God. After two days of not much "me time," I decided to run slightly longer than normal, and returned to the house with only minutes to shower before Ben would leave for the day. Moving from shower directly to feeding children left me no time for a morning devotional. Moment to moment I found my desire to tidy the house growing more intense, along with a proportionately increasing desire for attention from the dear ones playing nearby. As I put them off time and again, my impatience grew... until my words became harsh and unkind.

God is so very good to give me days like this lest I begin to forget just how much I need Him. And then His Spirit whispered to me and I stopped to realize how I was acting. Well, let me be honest. In truth, His spirit shouted at me, through the voice of my 4-year-old, who amidst her tears looked up at me and said, “That made my heart hurt.” And there was my heart, in a thousand pieces, on the floor. I fell to my knees and gathered her into my lap, holding that sweet child. As I told her how I loved her, and begged for her forgiveness, a smile broke through to her face. Without hesitation she replied, "It's ok, Mommy." And for her, it was over.

Then He led me here: "'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you.'" (Isaiah 54:10)

Oh how desperately I need our Lord God. Yet how amazed, speechless, awe-struck, humbled, completely and utterly thankful I am over his amazing love for me. That my actions today, from a woman who KNOWS better, who chooses to live my life free and in such joy, can act like I did this morning. Praise you, Lord Jesus, that I cannot make your love be removed from me!! Oh praise you!





4 comments:

Shyla said...

Isn't amazing how moments of struggle can lead to moments of peace with our Lord.

John and Megan said...

It's amazing how much our children teach us. I love your truthfulness. Thank you for sharing.

kauffeegrl said...

Oh my Kelly does that ever sound like me!! My day starts before I even wake up sometimes, with Jack climbing into bed, then Glory is awake, needs to eat, breakast for all of us, and on and on. By naptime I am often too tired to even try and have some quiet time with God. Thank you for your comments on my post, btw, for some reason they didn't show up and I didn't to check for any! It's still day by day here, but is getting better. Thank you for your prayers.

OK Chick said...

Great picture of you.