Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Independence



Remember the Dora bedspread? That girl dresses herself now. I realize what a hypocrite I will be when I
admit this, but she actually wore her Disney Princess pajamas to Kohl's with me last night.

To all the moms I judged pre-children for allowing their kids to look like this when out in public, I sincerely apologize. I now realize how important it is to help them build confidence through making their own choices.

On the agenda for tomorrow: hiding all of the character and holiday clothing behind the sweaters on the top shelf of my closet, followed by fervent prayers that she'll forget all about them.



4 comments:

Andy Kay said...

I love it! I am soooo with you! Some days I have to let Mattie go out with rain boots and clothes that don't match her hair bows...but she chose them!

Shyla said...

Love the attitude! What a silly girl!

Grandma Eroh said...

Way to go, Sophie, girl (and mom)!
I can understand that from my own daughter, but Andrea? That surprises me! :)

Devion said...

I just giggle every time I see this. We have such ideals for our children, but who can argue with those sweet faces?!? :) Miss you, friend! Can't wait until you come visit!!!