Thursday, April 24, 2008

Me, Longwinded? Nah...

Saturday will mark 3 weeks since we moved to Wichita. In many ways I can't believe how quickly it's gone, and in some ways it seems like we've been here much longer. Time has a way of doing that to you.

God has been so good to us here. I can't be sure, but before our move I think I expected to be feeling a little "claustrophobic" at this point in our stay with Mom and Dad. However, it really hasn't been bad at all. There are even some perks, like the fact that after Sophie's asleep Ben and I can run to the store together because my parents are at the house. Not to mention the special experience of having family right here for Sophie. Here's Sophie and my mom reading last night. And as a sidenote, my 10-month-old daughter LOVES books, which I am ecstatic about. (The other picture I threw in to say, "Yipee for summer clothes!!")


God has also been so good to remind us every day that He will provide for us one day at a time. Why be concerned with tomorrow when He cares so faithfully and richly for us? We had a high moment this week where we made a deal with a couple to buy our house, but before we could sign a contract there were some issues and it didn't go through. And yet, I'm not worried. Me, the worry-wart of all worry-warts, and I'm not concerned. That, my friends, can only be from the Lord. He is always faithful, and we know and believe that he will continue to provide what our family needs most.

Sophie is getting around more and more all the time. She's so good on her feet. She loves to walk (with us holding her hands) and cruise around on the furniture. She loves to pull up and in general she's just all over the place. Up, down, knees, etc. Still not crawling, go figure. She had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Tyson. Ben and I were so excited because she took right to them. After not seeing them for almost four months, we were concerned that she wouldn't. But she immediately loved them and had a blast. Here are some pics.



Another blessing I've received since being here is getting back in touch with my best friend from middle school (woohoo Wilbur MS!), Sara Gilmer (now Sara Garcia). She has a sweet little girl named Addie, and she and Sophie have already spent some good time together. This has been so great for Sophie and for me, and I'm thankful God brought Sara and her family back into my life. We have a good chuckle, though, when the girls are next to each other. If you notice the skin color of the two girls, Sophie looks like she's got the tan, but Addie's daddy is Mexican! Ha!

5 comments:

Jeana said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you guys! I hope you sell the house soon and I'm glad you aren't worried about it. I'm like you, a big ol' worry wart!! Good for you not worrying and you are right, God is taking that away from you right now!!
Miss you guys! Love seeing the pics of Sophie!!

Anonymous said...

Cute photo of Mom and Sophie. That's so great that she loves books -- I sure like that Delaney likes to read books!

Jessica said...

Yes - Yippie for summer clothes! She is sooooo cute! We know little rolls are cutest in summer clothes!

That is so neat that you are back in touch with Sara, tell her I said hello!

Devion said...

How fun! I would love to be able to have Cassie have special days with my mom every week or so if we lived there. They would go on playdates together, I'm sure. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Cassie's curls are fun, but somewhat out of control!!! :) I have never had curls, so it's a new adventure for me trying to figure out what to do with them! :)

I agree with the summer clothes and cute little rolls! OH, and babies with painted piggy toes. :) I painted Cassie's toenails for the first time when she was 2-1/2 weeks old and we do mani/pedis often. She loves it! :)

md said...

That is so cute about Sophie loving books. Caleb loves books too. He sometimes will sit down and look through his book. I think it is so cute!