Monday, September 22, 2008

Peek-a-Boo, Teeny Tiny!

When I was pregnant with Sophie, we called her "Itty Bitty." This baby has therefore been dubbed "Teeny Tiny" (TT for short). We peeked in at Teeny Tiny this morning, on my wonderful husband's 30th birthday! Sorry to disappoint the many inquiring minds, but we chose NOT to find out what the sex of the baby is. It is going to be hard, but I'm excited to have this fun surprise waiting on us.

In this picture, you can see the hand/arm above TT's head (you can see one eye socket, and big circle in right corner is the belly).


Love those little feet!! (Foot measured about 1 inch in length today - wow!!)


This is a great profile shot of TT in a fetal position. It wasn't easy to catch - this little baby was moving ALL over the place!


For those of you who always ask (Jennifer & Aleasha), the baby's heartrate was 135. According to an old wives' tale, lower rates like this one signify a boy. Guess we'll see in another 5 months!

I can't believe my hubby is 30. I love you - happy birthday, Beni Bani!!

15 comments:

D's Mom said...

Aw! My first look at my new niece or nephew! Can't wait to meet him or her!


Happy Birthday Ben!

Donna said...

I want to know what you are having but also want to add that for me the old wives tale held true.

Can't wait to my TT in 5 months.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on seeing your little one, that moment is so precious!!! You'll be able to do just fine not knowing the gender. When you're having a tough day and just want to go shopping, just think about that moment when you deliver and how exciting that surprise will be, it's well worth it!

And as an L&D nurse, I believe that Old Wive's Tale too! So, will you be sharing names when they are decided on?

R Family of 5 said...

That is exciting! We didn't find out what we were having with our youngest until his arrival! Happy Birthday Ben! Hope you have a fun 30th!

Jessica said...

Oh... I can't believe you aren't finding out. I think TT is a boy! Those are fun pics! We should find out in about 2 weeks and I'm getting anxious for that, I couldn't imagine waiting 5 months! :)

PS - Happy Birthday later this week!

Lela Paden said...

I am pregnant with our 5 boy and all my boys had heart rates at about 150 to 160. So I don't hold much stock in the wives tale. :-)
Your little one looks healthy and strong. Have a wonderful pregnancy. Lela Paden

Andrea Kay said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!! And I can't wait to find out what your having either! I'm crossing my fingers for a boy!!!

Devion said...

Conrey's heartrate was 160's! I always knew it was a boy, but based on heartrate, I held out hope for another girl. :) I'm now thrilled to have a baby boy and can't imagine life without him! So thankful to see that TT is healthy and well! Praise God!

Marilyn said...

Isn't it so fun to see the ultrasound pics?! It makes it even more real! Didn't you find out that Sophie was a girl ahead of time? (BTW, The old wives tale didn't prove true for us!)

The Leeths said...

How exciting!! Patience in finding out has never been my strong point! I think it would be a great surprise on his/her birthday! Happy b-day Ben!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that you aren't finding out what your baby is.

Happy Birthday Ben!

Rachel said...

Yeah for you not finding out! It's so fun. I think it's much easier to wait knowing that you're going to wait the whole nine months. It was really hard for me to wait until 19 weeks when we had Isaac's ultrasound. We're really glad we didn't find out at least once.

And Happy Birthday, Ben!

Anonymous said...

I can't see the photos here today for some reason -- will try again later. I've finally added you to my blogroll! It was about time! Wish I could've met up with you in Wichita -- I'll be back next year for sure, if not sooner. What's your last name?

OK Chick said...

Happy Birthday Ben!

Matt & Lori said...

I love the pictures! Happy Birthday Benny!