Friday, January 23, 2009

Aaaah, the Scent of Fresh Humility in the Morning (or at 2 and 8 p.m.)

Well, I must swallow my pride and admit to you all that yesterday's nap and bedtime did not flow as easily as the two previous days. We did not break down; she still hasn't used her paci. But she was not very happy about it for a little while and she let us know about it. Now that's more like my Sophie. I was beginning to wonder if she was ill or something.

Needless to say, she did go to sleep after a short (medium?) amount of shouting her frustration at us. And she did sleep all night, so we're thankful for that!

On another note, Sophie's speech pathologist recommended that I buy her some simple wooden blocks. Sophie loves them! Below are some pictures - I love the way she concentrates so hard.





This last picture (below) cracks me up. She had just finished stacking the third block, and she turned to me in this little "Ta Da!" position without me telling her to. So funny!

5 comments:

Andrea Kay said...

Oh my stars....I love the ta-da!!! She is too much I tell ya! I just want to squish her face everytime I see her....too cute!!!

D's Mom said...

"Hello mom! Look how good I did!" :)

Too cute.

Abbie H. said...

She is adorable! Are the blocks because she likes them or does it help her in other ways-speech wise?

Blocks are one of Aleeyah's favorite toys. Well, anything that comes in mass quantity-legos, square blocks, different shaped blocks, dominoes, etc.

I know you said she goes to a speech pathologist. Isn't that what you went to school for and use to do?

Rachel said...

She is doing so well with stacking blocks already. And the "ta-da" is so adorable. That's a girl for you!

I remember Carly's second night being tougher than the first without the paci.
You inspired me to try to cut back Isaac, so I stated it yesterday. I've tried to limit him nap, bed/pj time, and in the car. (He whines too much in the car sometimes and I just can't take it.) The first day went well, but I must admit today is much tougher. I was about to cave in, but then I checked your blog. In my defense though, I noticed a few hours ago that I could see the white nubs of teeth under the gums. It's about nap time, so we'll see how the evening goes after the nap.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable! Those pictures are great! Grandma is going to have to see this in person! But I'm wondering what Abbie was - How do the blocks help her development? I love you, Sophie! Grandma Eroh